Read Smoke!

Read Smoke!
My latest book, "Smoke: poems of love, longing and ecstasy" is available for purchase on Amazon in e-book and paperback. Click book for link.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Glamour Make-Up for the Holidays

Hey Divas,
The crew went to a holiday party last night and it was a great excuse to get holiday glam. This is why I love the holidays. Ostentatious fabulosity is permitted! While the summer calls for bronzy glows and ethereality , 'tis the season of decadence and rich color. The Natural wore a fabulous bubble dress in a retro print of olive green, red, black and white. For her face, I gave her a dramatic kohl lined eye with a deep-berry lip.

The transformation is documented below.
Before and After!!!

We began by evening out the complexion with Revlon's creme to powder foundation. It's light but even coverage. Because it is the holidays and she wanted to have abit of a shine, I applied Revlon's Skinlights with a sponge all over. It has a light consistency and in the summer can be worn alone. This time we used Black Opal loose powder to finish it. I don't really believe in shiny-glossy-dewy skin in winter. I like a polished, powdered look.




Then we contoured her face. We used Milani's light loose powder to high light her t-zone, the bridge of her nose, cheeks, and chin. I used Milani's press powder in earth glow with a contour brush to contour under her cheek bones, her hair line, the side of her nose, and just under her lip. Note her enhanced bone structure. Contouring also brings dimension back to your face after you've just powdered down. Powder tends to leave your flace flat, lessening it's natural shadows.


Next I did her eyes. I used an angle brush dipped in L'oreal's mocha to darken the brows. Then I applied a fantastic duo, Loreal's HIP high intensity eye shadow in "Dynamic". It is a subdued gold with a deep brownish forest green. I used an angle brush dipped in black shadow to line her top lid and I extended the line out and up. Then to make her smaller eyes pop, she rimmed them, bottom and top lid, with a black eye-liner. I used wig-lash (liquid false lashes) as mascara.



Finally I applied a deep plum blush, Milani's Plum Parfait, and I gave her a deep berry lip. First I lined her lip with a chocolate brown, filled it in with Milani's lipstick in Royal Ruby, and covered that with Revlon's Amethyst Dazzle lip gloss. By the way, Revlon lip gloss is amazing and on par with Chanel.


And here is the final product. She looked fab. Remember, if you are going to be decadent with your glamourous make up, you must go all the way. Pair with chandelier or big cluster earrings. Wear a voluminous hair style or an elegant up-do and when you enter the room... own it.





And here is the Chocolate Diva and I at the same event.

-With flyness, glamour, and funk,

Ike

No comments: