Read Smoke!

Read Smoke!
My latest book, "Smoke: poems of love, longing and ecstasy" is available for purchase on Amazon in e-book and paperback. Click book for link.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Charlize Theron's Dress in the J'adore commercial


Hey Divas,

Most of you are doing last minute X-Mas shopping, but for those of you spending a little time on FFD today, I thought I'd dwell on the J'adore commercial that, as you all know, I LOVE. I adore the dress Charlize wears. It has amazing movement, the split is sexy, and it just seems to be the right combination of vixen and sophistication.

I've been trying to locate it, but I think it's a custom Dior creation. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I did however locate the inspiration for it. He took artistic cues from a nude on black corsetted creation of Christian Dior in his Fall 2005 haute couture collection. The first picture on shows a model wearing one of the versions of his three mesh cocktail dresses on the runway, to the next is Kate Moss wearing a modified version to the CDFA Awards in 2005. I think I want to have a replica of this fabulous creation made for me. To watch the commercial click here.
CLICK HERE FOR REPLICA.

flyness and funk,

Ike

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've been looking for the dress since i first saw the commercial for this formal event i'm attending! i just jADORE it!! it's classy and sexy .. if you do find something similar.. post post!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this dress. I have decided to make myself one. I have no idea where Im going to wear it BUT after seeing this commercial I not only want the dress BUT I want the darn perfume.

Anonymous said...

i LOVE this dress and wish i could find one!! ^_^

Kayleen Bonilla said...

i want this dress for my prom!!!!!!! if you knoe where to find it please email me at bonillakayleen@gmail.com and title it jadore dress or something like that! (: thanks

Mir said...

Wonderfull dress!! If you have something for me that would help to make a replica, please let me know at mcreusen@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

If anyone finds a dress like it I also want one for my prom! email me at Heyy_there_mel@yahoo.com


thanks!

urLegalBeagle said...

I want this dress, too: urLegalBeagle@gmail.com

Unknown said...

if anyonedoes find it please contact me at tigressamr@gmail.com with subject as charlize please!!!!!

Unknown said...

if anyone inds it please contact me at tigressamr@gmail.com please!!!!!!!1

Anonymous said...

Karen Mullen made a very similar version if this dress a few years ago which you can still get on eBay.

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm looking for a dress just like what Charlize is wearing for my prom! If anyone can help please email me at jamielprasek@yahoo.com