Read Smoke!

Read Smoke!
My latest book, "Smoke: poems of love, longing and ecstasy" is available for purchase on Amazon in e-book and paperback. Click book for link.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Reflections on my adolescent crush... Congratulations

I may be a fly diva, but I do have a funked up love life. So I'm dedicating this song, "Congratulations" by Vesta Williams to myself. Leave it to facebook to inform me that my very first crush (we're talking seventh grade) is engaged and, from what it sounds like, has a baby on the way. Now truly, tastes change as people mature and yes, he has lost his original appeal... But do we ever really over come our first crush? Possibly not. Anyways, I definitely wish him the best in life. And although, I didn't think it would be me (lol), as Vesta says, I wanted an excuse to go back to the eighties. Please notice the tangerine orange tarot nails and matching lipstick. I love the eighties.

No comments: