Read Smoke!

Read Smoke!
My latest book, "Smoke: poems of love, longing and ecstasy" is available for purchase on Amazon in e-book and paperback. Click book for link.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Tailored Women's Vest

Hey Divas,
It's 3 AM and I'm staring at a heap of books that I really don't want to be reading for the paper that has yet to be written. One day. I haven't eaten all day, so when my friend made a fast food run I tagged along. Right now, my stomach's going... what in the hell??? I don't feel too good.
But I'm not too queasy to blog, especially about the unmistakable sex appeal of a tailored vest. After my arabic exam (a fiercetrocity) I went to J. Crew for some retail therapy, bought a gourmet vanilla cup cake and then my January 2008 issues of Vogue and In Style. The Vogue cover this month looks a hot mess, but Katie looks fierce in this Spring 2008 Christian Dior Suit.
This tailored vest made quite a few appearances on the runway this past season, especially at Dior, and I'm so excited. A style phenomena of the nineties, this vest is sexy in a "I'm wearing my boyfriends button-down" sort of way.
This trend will trickle down, but for now is relatively hard to find. Here's what I scoped:

Patrizia Pepe makes this glorious halter neck vest with diamonte detailing for $148 at YOOX. Pair with dressy, slightly wide-leg pant and be fly.
Bebe is doing a winter-white velveteen racer-back vest available for $98 at the website and it can be paired with the coordinating wide-leg french cuff pant. I see this look with a fierce pair of gold or jeweled tone heels, like this gold weaved "Turban" pump from Stuart Weitzman with matching purse. Add a center piece necklace and a gold cuff. Flyness.



I'm off to sleep.
Flyness and funk,
Ike

No comments: