Read Smoke!

Read Smoke!
My latest book, "Smoke: poems of love, longing and ecstasy" is available for purchase on Amazon in e-book and paperback. Click book for link.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Fly Alert: J. Crew Byzantine Print Cardigan


As a Yale Student, J. Crew is a staple of our idyllic little college town and I used to be so repulsed by the preppiness of it all: Scoop neck sweaters in bright pastels and argyle print. It was all so predictable. As if J. Crew were selling the 'uniform' of the young elite. I just couldn't . Something has changed since 2007. Perhaps new designers? Oh yes, the staples are still there, but I walk past those. Funky prints, like the byzantine cardigan, bold knit tunic dresses in animal print and bright pastels, cute a-line skirts.... Finally, pieces for a stylish, sui-generis, twenty-something like me. Lately, I haven't been able to stay out of the store!

No comments: